Pages

An Epiphany in Anawangin Cove, Iba, Zambales


When I went to Anawangin Cove in Iba, Zambales last weekend, I realized one thing… an epiphany I believe I should have encountered years ago.. but perhaps, it was just the right time for me to realize. Maybe I was just busy doing other things which required me to be stationary. I needed to finish my graduate studies and the ministry at church was just getting started. Now, it seems as if I entered a new season and doors are opening everywhere.

THE WAVES WERE DIVINE. The waves splashing through the mysterious brown rocks along the shore in Anawangin Cove were divine. The wind carries the waters and make them touch your skin, as if whispering something. There is something enigmatic with such a scene… That’s when it hit me. Going to different places is not just for fun. Travelling and experiencing the world in different views and angles, in the eyes of different people help discover you. It was only then I realized the purpose of roads, vehicles, boats and bridges. God created and trained mighty engineers and great inventions for people to bridge territories and see the beauty of His creation. I agree to what He said, “It is good.” I believe God wants us to open gates of this earth and capture the exquisite beauty of His creation. After all, why would God create an earth so vast and astonishing if He doesn’t want it to be to seen?

DISCOVER. Everytime we see and discover a new place, a new community, we discover people and learn life through their eyes.  As we unravel a whole new world that exists beyond the walls of our bedroom and workstation, we uncover the secret chambers of our hearts… our visions extended, our perspectives broadened.

This is the purpose why I travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment