Pages

I Wonder About the Kids Chasing Jeepneys in Cubao

I've been working somewhere in Quezon City for almost 4 years now and I have noticed some things don't change. There were homeless kids around. They get on the jeepneys, giving away envelops to passengers. I see them everyday, doing the same old thing, chasing jeepneys and begging for money.

I wonder about their parents and their relatives. If they are orphans, then, I wonder about the government who promised to take care of these kids. They need shelter. They need food. If we could do something more precise, specific and comprehensive. I wonder. I wonder what kind of life they have to face in five to ten years if chasing jeepneys and giving out envelops are the only skills they use to survive.

This morning, my mom was watching a documentary film about the education system in our country. We don't have enough schools, enough books, enough chairs, tables and classroom. The teachers are also looking for greener pastures in other nations. Can we blame them?

This has been a cycle. We have chosen different leaders, and have experimented on their characters, backgrounds as if doing a trial and error solution to an algebra equation.

I am not complaining. I am just wondering... Just another human being hoping that life will be better for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment