Pages

Thank you, Mang Dolphy




I was at work when I heard the news that Mang Dolphy passed-away. I grew up watching his old films, some were black and white movies. I remember watching and enjoying re-runs of John and Marsha on RPN 9 on weekdays after school. 

What makes him the King of Comedy in the Philippines?

I don't know much about his personal life. I haven't had the chance to see him personally. I just know him through TV commercials, Home Along the Riles, and other TV programs. But what fascinated me about Mang Dolphy is his simplicity. Whenever I watch an interview with him, he always sounded humble and down-to-earth.

Mang Dolphy is one of the few genuine actors who can make us laugh and cry at the same time. I saw some serious scenes he had and was amazed of the fact he can move you in a way and leave a twinge in your heart. That's remarkable. He knew his craft and he changed the lives of Filipinos by just making us smile.

They say doing comedy is more difficult than doing drama. I haven't tried any, but there is something special about comedy. Comedy brings joy to people and not grief. It's one selfless act of playing a role. It's noble for it eases the pain of the one searching for something that would hold and lift the weary heart, even for just one whole film.

I believe Mang Dolphy found his life's purpose in comedy. He was able the help and change the world through his gift of making people happy. Without a doubt, the sound of his name will always make us smile.

We are grateful. Thank you, Mang Dolphy.







Photo Source:
http://helloballoon.com/ 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment