Pages

Poem: The Shade of Tree

Like this 
shade of tree, I would
like to be there whenever you
feel weary. When you feel like getting out
of the things that complicate your life. Like the
tree, I'll be standing there and wait for you until you need my
shade again. I'll stand still for you whenever you need something 
to hold on to. I'll hold you with my branches whenever you feel down and
low, and offer you my fruits that would take away your hunger. 
I'll try to listen to every story that you want to share... how your 
dreams were shattered.. and how the pain intrudes your soul. 
I'll embrace you, to take away the blemishes in your heart.
My leaves will wipe away all the tears that you
feel inside. I'll try to stand right by your 
side until the hurt fades away.
And when your
wounds start to
heal and can
stand on you
own, I'll help 
you to find your
way again. I know
you will go and 
leave me behind 
to start another life.
But I'll stand still and wait 
for you until you        need my shade again.

No comments:

Post a Comment